Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Scuba Diving (yeah)!

On Sunday I’m going scuba diving in Tynemouth(bbbrrrrr).My dad and I are doing the Dry suit course at the Blue water Scuba diving centre. I started Scuba diving in Corfu and Skiathos(Greece) but I started taking Diving seriously in Menorca (Spain). I first got a bubble maker award which is like a try-dive for beginners. Then I got a PADI Open Water Diver Award! That was really hard. To do that I had to swim 200 meter swim at my leisure and a 10 minute float on the surface. This is just enough to determine that I have the basic swimming abilities. THEN I had to get perfect buoyancy which was kinda easy but to my parents it was really hard (pphhhh amateurs).

The bit I hated the most was the bit where I had to take off my mask underwater, then swim for 10m, put it back on and clear it!
I also had to take out my reg. and put it back in underwater and remove and replace my equipment underwater. I did that with broken and sprained fingers!

1 Comments:

Blogger Peggy said...

You rock George! I bet you can't wait for Egypt, because I can't!

1:13 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home