Friday, April 07, 2006

Lambing Time

Yesterday i helped on my friends farm for16(ish) hours altogether. I fed the lambs which are sssoooo cool but sadly i saw some dead ones but it was inevitable that i would. The hardest part of the whole of working there is geting the herd(s) of sheep from the field in to the pen to get their medicine. My job was to make sure they kept the same track and didn't wander away from the group or go into another field.That was really hard!

The most icky bit was when we had to scrape out the cow shed. You can guess what I had to scrape out.

Feeding the lambs was really hard. I thought it was going to be easy but some would not feed so we had to tube them. I didn't do that. Altogether it was a really hard day but fun.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! You're own blog- I'm so proud of you (sniff)! An experience like that is really unique and most kids in New Jersey will never get to do that. Wonder why some lambs don't want to be fed? Cool blog George!

6:31 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just found your blog, George, and I love it. I'm proud of you for working so hard to help your friend Gordon with the lambs. 16 hours! That's amazing. I love your writing, too. It's very clear and tells a lot. Great job!

Lots of love, Gran

10:40 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Henry-- I just found your blog today (5/5/06) and am really enjoying it! But, no entries since lambing time ;-( Please add more - I need to brush up on my Britishisms like "bits" and "arse" - hee hee! Last night we went to see Spamalot, so I was well-prepared for "something completely different." Do you watch old Monty Python reruns?

Your American cousin once-removed, Susan

1:36 PM

 
Blogger Peggy said...

George is the boy. Henry is the dad. You're not the only one to get it confused. :-)

1:35 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no! Calling someone by the wrong name is horrible. Guess I'm going to be like my old Aunt Mary (on my mother's side - not your Gram, who's on my dad's side), who used to go through 3 or 4 of my sisters' names before she would get to the right one. Please accept my most abject apologies, George! --Susan

6:52 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My mom always circumvented the naming hazard by referring to both my brother and I as "DAMMIT!"

2:19 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home